Vee24 Job Description – Solutions Engineer
We're looking for an enthusiastic and talented solutions engineer to join our A+ global engineering team. Our solution provides real time communication services to a marquee list of customers across the world and helps them improve satisfaction and better conversion by providing quick help in purchase decisions using expert help.
Our engineers work in small teams and influence the direction of our products. In this role, you will focus on supporting our customer base to be successful. You will be challenged to work across a variety of customer issues and needs. To be successful you would need to bring to the table skills to be able to quickly analyze root cause of an issue, triage it and bring it to the engineering team. This will require working closely with external and internal stakeholders in an organized fashion. You will be working with the overall engineering team in an Agile fashion on a day-to-day basis. Additionally, you will serve as technical solutions engineer for a local US based entrepreneurial team. Strong problem solving skills, proactivity, tenacity and organization skills will help the you succeed in this role.
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions when possible, to meet customer’s business needs.
- Reproduce in house when possible and file engineering tickets. Work with engineering and product management to prioritize as customer advocate to get resolutions in next release. When possible, analyze code and participate in engineering processes to develop and deploy defect fixes as service packs/hotfixes.
- Constantly stay ahead in communicating with customers. Manage expectations properly to avoid escalations. Be a strong voice of customers during engineering planning.
- Assist through release cycles in testing new features, enhancements and defect fixes. Provide backup to DevOps during release days to handle any incoming issues as the release rolls out to the field.
- Assist Client Services teams with technical solutions in new client implementations.
- Participate as key technical lead in Gold Support offerings to customers that may include minor product enhancements or report development.
- Provide some level of desktop support to local Boston based team. Assist other teams such as sales & marketing with technical issues, as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major
- 2+ years of relevant experience doing support and/or testing for a software development company. Startup experience is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of website construction and internet-based technologies
- Understanding of differences between different browsers and operating systems
- Basic website troubleshooting and use of browser developer tools
- Understanding of how third-party software and plugins work with browsers.
- Knowledge of audio-video technologies (Flash, WebRTC etc.) would be strong plus
- Experience of Microsoft Windows OS administration and troubleshooting (including hardware integration)
- Device Manager, Network settings, Event logs, Host files
- DXDiag and System Information analysis
- Audio and video setting, CPU and memory analysis
- Driver installation and configuration
- Software installation including ClickOnce and MSI technology
- USB devices, including headsets and cameras
- Experience of building Windows PCs (for building veedesks)
- Understanding of Network protocols and experience diagnosing connection-related issues
- Experience with iOS and Android based operating systems/browsers (from support/testing perspective)
- Phone and tablet configuration and settings
- Installing, configuring and testing native and third-party browsers
- Installing, configuring and testing applications
- Experience analysing log files and reports from both hardware and application sources.
- Experience of customer support for software/hardware high tech products
- Able to work on issues independently and progress issues with clients and team members in a proactive fashion.
- Knowledge Base administration (Zendesk)
- Support ticket administration (Zendesk)
- Experience with remote support tools like Teamviewer and RDC.
- Understanding of and experience with test/behaviour-driven functional and regression testing (to help with testing during release cycles)
- Knowledge of and experience of working on projects with JIRA and Confluence
Job Location: Boston, MA
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate every applicant’s interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.